KARAVASTA 1ST EDITION
INTO THE WOOD – INTERNATIONAL ONLINE WORKSHOP
REGENERATING AND REUSE THE ALREADY EXISTING
1st – 12th February 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11 JANUARY 2021
SEND YOUR PORTFOLIO AND CV AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION RESULTS: 15 JANUARY 2021
The Workshop deals with the regeneration and adaptive reuse project of the existing, circular design/construction process, using the sustainability criteria through innovative materials and limited economic resources.
The case study is located in the Divjakë-Karavasta National Park in Albania, where Dastu and INTBAU Albania, promoters of the workshop, in collaboration with the Municipality of Divjakë and the Park Authority has launched the three-year research project called “Urban Lab”. The Workshop explores the possibilities of rethinking and reusing some existing “ruins” within Divjakë-Karavasta National Park and linked to local historical memory – bunkers, military garrisons dating back to the Italian occupation between the 1930s, used for the internment of artists and writers during the Albanian civil war of 1997 – reconnecting them to the environment of the forest that hosts the buildings and rediscovering, in permanence and variations, new ways of living and share the experience of the park and its various ecologies.
The workshop will be divided into different phases that will involve not only students of the Politecnico di Milano and Albanian Universities, but young architects/urban planners, lecturers and assistants, as well as Albanian reference entities.
- Part 1 (2 days): Workshop preparation seminars with virtual inspections, meetings with local authorities and lessons dedicated to inspecting the workshop materials and illustrating ongoing research on the case study.
- Part 2 (5 days): Seminar days are planned (with lectures and reviews held by various external guests) alternating with the development of group projects, coordinated by assistants and coordinators.
- Part 3 (1 day): Final discussion con guests and forwards/greetings.
- Part 4, production (2 days): individual and group work with the support of assistants and coordinators to finish the materials produced during the workshop.
- The workshop is only available for 4th and 5th year students, young architects and urban planners.
- The official language of the workshop is English.
- The workshop will take place entirely online.
- There is no registration fee for participating in the workshop.
For more information please visit our website https://intbau-albania.org/karavasta-1st-edition-regenerating-and-reuse-the-already-existing/ or send an email to email@example.com