IFAU 2019 – PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
MODERNIZATION AND GLOBALIZATION
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES IN ARCHITECTURE, URBANISM, CULTURAL HERITAGE
The photography competition, “Modernization and Globalization. Challenges and Opportunities in Architecture, Urbanism, Cultural Heritage”, is organised on the occasion of the IFAU19 – 3rd International Forum for Architecture and Urbanism, which will take place at the National Historical Museum-Tirana, on 21-23 November 2019.
The competition promoted by FAU Student’s Council and the IFAU 2019, is open to all students, amateur photographers, professional photographers.
Deadline for submission is November 17, 2019, 24.00.
The competition is free, and you can participate by sending not more than three photographs for each participant in the email:
Through contributions from colleagues and students, the intention is to explore different interpretations of contexts of Modernization and Globalization in Architecture, Urbanism, and Cultural Heritage of territories and cities in transition.
- GLOBAL/LOCAL MODERNIZATIONS
- XXth CENTURY MODERNISM AND THE QUESTION OF CULTURAL HERITAGE
- PHENOMENA OF RE-GENERATION, REVITALIZATION, RECYCLE, REUSE
- MODERNIZATION/GLOBALIZATION OF URBAN PLANNING/DESIGN AND LANDSCAPES
- MODERN HOUSING
- MODERN DESIGNING AND DAILY LIFE/UNIVERSAL DESIGN
- UTILIZATION OF FUTURE TECHNOLOGIES
- SUSTAINABILITY IN THE ERA OF MODERNIZATION/ GLOBALIZATION
More information: https://fau.edu.al/home-1-2/
The best image for visual impact, composition, originality, technique, creativity and ability to communicate a message, a feeling or an emotion will be judged and exhibited at the IFAU 2019.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Send the photo on the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The image must have as its main theme Modernization and Globalization in Architecture, Urbanism and Cultural Heritage;
- Insert: Title of the photo_Modernization & Globalization_Name Surname;
- There are maximum three photo limits that each user can submit;
- The photos can be of any photographic style and format, editing is allowed, black and white and any art form that allows to better express the theme of the competition.
Art. 1 – Institution
The photographic competition is organised by the organisational coordination of the conference.
Art. 2 – Theme of the Competition
The shared photos must have the subject of Modernization and Globalization in Architecture, Urbanism and Cultural Heritage, according to the personal vision of the authors.
Art. 3 – Participation requirement
The competition is open to all students, amateurs and photographers residing in Albania and abroad and without age limits. The participation is free.
Art. 4 – Period
The contest ends 11/17/2019 at 24.00. Only images sent within the deadline are valid.
Art. 5 – How to participate
Send the photo on the email address:
The picture will be titled as follows:
Title of the photo_Modernization & Globalization_Name Surname
There are maximum three photo limits that each user can publish; the photos can be of any photographic style and format, editing is allowed, black and white and any art form that allows to better express the theme of the competition.
Art. 6 – Jury
The photographs will be evaluated by a jury composed of experienced students of FAU and distinguished photographers.
Particular attention will be paid to the originality of the photos presented, to the adherence to the theme indicated, to the expressive quality and rigour in artistic research.
Art. 7 – Responsibilities and obligations
By participating in this competition, the authors of the photos confirm that:
- The photos for the competition were actually taken and created by them;
- The photos do not contain obscene, explicitly sexual, violent, defamatory offensive material;
- The photos do not contain material discriminating by sex, ethnicity and religion;
- The photos do not contain political material;
- The authors have obtained permission to publish photos where other people appear from the subjects portrayed therein;
- It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure that the publication of the photographs does not raise any legal dispute;
- For their part, the winning photographer undertakes to mention in every communication related to their winning photo the fact that he has won the Modernization and Globalization in Architecture, Urbanism and Cultural Heritage Award.
Art. 8 – Reasons for exclusion
The organising committee has the right to remove from the competition the photographs deemed unsuitable and which do not meet the criteria of Art. 7. Any image that is not owned by the author will be officially disqualified, and the author will be prevented from participating in the contest with any other image. The decisions of the jury are unquestionable and the jury can at any time, even after the awarding of the prize, in clear violation of the rules of the competition, reserve the right to cancel the prize that does not comply with the regulation itself. Liability for any disputes with third parties excludes any involvement of the organisers and the jury.
Art. 9 – Catalog and publications
The marked photos can be used by the IFAU 2019 and published on printed matter, websites and social profiles. The author of the photo assigns all the rights to the image to the IFAU 2019, which he may freely dispose of. For any uses (e.g. posters, covers, and specific brochures) the image in better resolution may be requested. The author will be mentioned in each use. Participation in the competition implies the vision and acceptance of the terms and the consent to the processing of personal data.
Art. 10 – Award
The winner of the winning photograph selected by the jury will be awarded free participation in the IFAU 2020 in Italy.
Art. 11 – Winning announcement
The winner will be announced by the jury in the closing ceremony of IFAU 2019 at the National Historical Museum-Tirana, on 22 November 2019.
Art. 12 – Advertising
This regulation is published on the website www.fau.edu.al and is also disseminated through the media partners of the conference.