It is our great pleasure to invite you to the 4th Biennial International Conference on Architecture and Urban Design- 4-ICAUD 2021, in Tirana, Albania on November 26-28, 2021, organized under auspices of the Department of Architecture at Epoka University.
We look forward to endure our academic practice and provide an excellent forum for scientists, researchers, and practitioners, not only from Europe, but from all over the world.The 4th International Conference on Architecture and Urban Design (4ICAUD2021) aims to animate a deep “think-tank” moment on how we have been challenged and on what we are gaining in the switch between NEW & OLD NORMALITY POST 2020. Thereby, new ideas, latest developments, and potential directions in the fields of Architecture and Urban Design shall be presented and discussed under any of its specialized themes as shown below.
1 Global challenges and local answers
- Scenarios and transformation of cities in post-pandemic age
- Environmental psychology and users’ behaviour in post-pandemic time
- Permanent adaptations in the urban societies
- Contamination with the local designing languages
- Architectural post-developments in Albania
2 Technological advancement and established lifestyle
- 1 year of accelerated innovations in designing
- Smart cities challenges and digital world
- Digital technologies within the contextual experiences
- Innovative technologies in support of the current challenges of next design
3 Classical design and fancy trends
- Present discourses on Design Theory
- Trajectories in design Distant-Education and remote working
- Updating the concept of sustainable design post 2020
- Learning from urban resilience and adaptive self-designing
- Permanencies and temporariness in design styles and languages post 2020
Moreover the participants may suggest their own topic which should fit into one of the three main themes.
The 4th ICAUD is structured into two parallel tracks.
a) the Old-Normal track, which will be conducted conventionally through abstract submission, its acceptance/not-acceptance, full article submission, final review and acceptance and conference presentation in one of the arranged parallel sessions.
b) the New-Normal track, which will be conducted differently through Extended Abstract submission, its review and acceptance, presentation in one of the conference’s “Research workshops” under the driving of a Discussant, co-building of the common frame for a scientific article (articulated into some paragraphs according to the numbers of authors involved in the hotspot), final co-article submission (one month and half after the conference), its review and acceptance.
The conference language is in English. Papers will be peer reviewed. Best papers will be published in the Special Issue of “The Urban Book Series”, a resource for urban studies and geography research by Springer.For further information on the conference visit the link below:
And to submit the abstract online please click on the link below:
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we look forward to your participation at this excellent forum for exchanging ideas and advancing the field of Architecture and Urban Design. Currently the conference is planned to be online, but based on the COVID-19 situation in September/October we will check the opportunity to organize the conference in blended way, combining both the physical and the virtual presentation modes. We warmly invite you to join us in Tirana – the capital of Albania – a very interesting laboratory for architects and urban designers & planners, and an enjoyable Mediterranean, Post-Socialist city to visit.